June 1 marks the beginning of hurricane season for Florida residents. Now is the time to prepare for the season by scheduling a Roof Evaluation to protect your home from potential damage.
Let the professionals at Century Roofing Specialists conduct a roof inspection to make certain your roof is strong enough to stand up to heavy storms and tropical winds.
Our Roof Evaluation will include:
- Evaluation of the overall health of your roof:
- Inspecting roofing shingles to make sure there are no signs of leaking, worn, or missing shingles.
- Inspection of the roof membrane, the waterproof layer which protects the insulation from water damage.
- Examination of the roof flashing to make sure it is sealed and correctly attached to the roof.
- Examination of conjoining areas of the roof which can be more vulnerable to wind and water damage.
- Inspection of any mounted equipment on the roof, (Satellite Dishes, Antennas, Solar Panels and Vents), to make certain they are well-secured to the roof and properly sealed.
As a property owner here are some additional things you can do to protect your home for the upcoming season:
- Trim any trees near your property that could come down on your roof.
- Clean out your gutters and clear downspouts to ensure rainwater can flow freely through them.
- Make sure your insurance policy is up-to-date and have all your home warranty documents in a safe place should you need to refer to them if damage has happened to your property from a hurricane.
- Take time and date stamped “Before” photos of your roof and property should you need to prove any damage after a storm.
Last year the Atlantic Hurricane season experienced 30 named storms with top winds reaching 39 mph or greater. 13 of the storms became hurricanes with top winds 74 mph or greater. And 6 storms became major hurricanes with top winds of 111 mph and more.
With meteorologists predicting a similar season to last year, now is the time to contact Century Roofing Specialists for a roof evaluation.